“When you dance the purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way.” Wayne Dyer
I’m refreshing a previous post about enjoying every step of the first dance! How to prepare the mind both in advance and in the day to help you calm and focus yourself, and calm the First Dance and Wedding Day Nerves.
Here’s some tips (used by performers – true story!) to help calm your first wedding dance or wedding day nerves:
- Practice the power pose behind the scenes – proven to boost confidence.
- Roll the shoulders back and lift the chest to stand tall and proud.
- Find ways to relax the face – tension in the face could bring tension into the rest of the body.
- Find a way to help calm the mind – whether mindfulness, visualisation, meditation – whatever works for you. Perhaps find a routine to practice on the morning of your wedding to help chill the mind.
- Practise a breathing technique you could try in the moment – pull yourselves to the side and have a little powwow breathing pattern that you’ve tried in advance and links you to a chance to centre you into the moment.
- Find an essential oil blend toolkit that you can carry in your wedding day essentials kit or handbag and keep the oils near for the day – have a little sniff of to energise you, calm you, relieve a tension headache…whatever you think you’ll need!
Take a look at the Insta Reel below for some inspiration 🙂
I have one thing to say:
THE BREATH IS POWERFUL!!!